A most sincere thank you goes out to Aahana Aggarwal @ The Mystic Wagon for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award; I really do appreciate your consideration. I hope that you guys will take out some time to check out her blog. She writes on a variety of different topics that are quite interesting; I enjoy reading her content. Her comments can be pretty funny too, so maybe she’ll check your stuff out and entertain you as she has previously done for me. 😂
Many of you probably know all about it already, but just in case you don’t, The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who promote creativity and positivity within the blogging community. I have to admit that I was completely clueless about this award prior to being nominated, but I think it is a lovely idea.
In light of recent events, it is really important for us to all work towards achieving a stronger sense of unity not only among ourselves as bloggers, but among everyone we share the world with. 🕊
Rules For Nominees
If you were one of the bloggers I nominated for this award and you would like to participate, please follow the rules below.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post (please see the logo above).
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, write them 11 new questions and notify them about the nomination.
Aahana’s Questions For Nominees
1. What is your pet peeve?
A definite pet peeve would have to be when people spend all of their time attached to their phones or scrolling through social media when they are supposed to be on a date or spending time with others. It’s extremely rude.
2. What is your favorite genre of books?
My favorite genre of books would have to be fiction– especially the classics. However, I like to learn new things, so I’m into textbooks as well.
3. Do you watch Netflix? If yes, which is your favorite movie/series on Netflix?
I don’t really watch Netflix on a regular basis, so it’s hard to name a favorite off the top of my head. However, I last enjoyed watching The Circle, Pose, and Tiger King.
4. Do you prefer street food or restaurants?
Personally, I enjoy both. Restaurants are nice because each one offers a unique vibe and ambience; you can usually find the perfect setting for your mood and/or the occasion. Street food is awesome as well though because it allows you to not only enjoy the food itself, but better experience the local culture of a place as well.
5. Would you rather live on a beach such as Hawaii or in a city like New York? Why?
For someone like me, it’d be best to own property in both locales. Both environments are ideal because they cater to different aspects of my personality. I’m obsessed with the ocean and the carefree lifestyle that beach towns provide, so I can’t imagine living away from the beach for too long. At the same time, I’m an excitement junkie who sometimes craves the bustling nightlife and cultural diversity that bigger cities like New York or London provide.
6. Which subject do you dislike or hate the most and why?
Gossip– particularly celebrity gossip. I can talk about anything, but this is one topic I will not engage in.
7. Have you developed a new skill during the pandemic? Elaborate.
The new skill I developed during the pandemic was electronic music production. It has been interesting learning how to compose music without relying on any of my physical instruments. Maddening at times, but interesting. ☺️
8. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
A best friend and I started blogging when we were 12. At that time, blogs weren’t popular at all, so having a place to publish your random teenage thoughts on the Internet where everyone can read them (however ridiculous those thoughts actually were) was pretty cool. This being said, I think we started blogging because it gave us yet another means of being outrageous in public.
9. Any obstacle which you overcame to continue your heartiest desires?
The biggest obstacle I’ve had to overcome would be remaining true to who I really am even when people found issue with it. It’s not always easy to be 100% authentic and grant yourself the permission to consistently live in that truth– regardless of the consequences or criticism you may receive. It’s really important that people stand up for themselves and what they believe in though because often times, the easy way of living isn’t always the right way.
10. Which book is your favorite and why?
This is hard. I have countless favorites. If I went by the amount of times I’ve read a book, it’s probably a three-way tie between Toni Morrison’s Beloved, Alice Walker’s The Color Purple, and Maeve Binchy’s Tara Road . I’ve always loved these books because they tell the story of women who must confront the harsh or troubling reality of their lives in order to truly be their own person, to achieve some degree of freedom. The character development and storytelling is impeccable in these books, and I can definitely see how they’ve influenced my own fiction writing.
11. Which creature fascinates you the most? Why?
Humans. Humans are endlessly complex beings who never cease to confuse, infuriate, impress, or astonish me. I’ve been studying human behavior for the majority of my life and I still can’t begin to understand them. Perhaps that’s the beauty of us.
I wanted to thank the following bloggers for their contributions to the community. Some of you I’ve had the chance to speak with before, some of you I haven’t. However, I’ve followed most of you for awhile now and even if I haven’t previously told you, I love your content and appreciate your craft, in whatever form you’ve chosen to embrace and share with us. So, thank you! ❤️
1. João-Maria – (CALIATH)
3. ddateable – Debateably Dateable
4. Seeker keeper – Lunar Longing
5. Fatima – fmaddox17.wordpress.com
6. FitAmbitiousBlonde – Life…Take 2
7. TheTravellothoner – Bombay Ficus
8. newpmv – Everything Is Hack!
Questions For Nominees
- If time travel were possible (Some may debate that it already is), what era would you most like to visit? Why?
- What are three gifts that you would like to give to humanity?
- Name a talent you wish you possessed.
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- Dead or alive, who do you admire most in this world?
- What or who are you most proud of? Why?
- Name something that you wish people appreciated more.
- You’re stranded on a desert island. What are the three things you’d hope to have available?
- In five words or less, what does the word “normal” mean to you?
- Do you believe that world peace could ever or will ever be possible? Why or why not?
- What is one thing that you hope happens before the end of 2020?
Please feel free to share your thoughts or questions by leaving a comment below.
If you enjoyed this little blurb, I’d greatly appreciate you
giving it a like or sharing it with someone you feel might also enjoy it.
You can follow me on Twitter for new posting updates.
Last, but not least, don’t forget to follow this blog for more stories and poems.
Ciao for now!
Featured Photo (Original): Bella White/Pexels